Person wishing to rent a school facility will contact the school principal or designee at the desired facility to check availability and complete the required rental contract. Dates will not be reserved until a completed contract is on file at the school. The rental contract must be submitted at least 14 days in advance of the event.
The organization renting the facility will send payment to the address below at least 14 days in advance of the event. Failure to submit payment by this time may result in loss of use of the facility requested. Payment amount will be determined using the approved fee schedule and included on the completed contract.
Checks should be made payable to:
Mooresville Graded School District
305 North Main Street
Mooresville, NC 28115
1. A school district employee must be on site when facilities are used under this rental agreement. If cafeteria equipment is used, a child nutrition employee is required to be on site in addition to the regular district supervisor.
2. No food or drinks are allowed in the school building other than the cafeteria unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to the rental contract.
3. The organization renting the facility accepts full financial responsibility for any damages done to school property during the rental period. Damage fees will be charged to the organization, including labor charges at $25 per hour.
4. The organization renting the facility may not attach any materials to walls, curtains, furniture, etc. unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to the rental contract. Also, any alterations to school owned property (including placing signs on school property) may not be done unless permission is obtained in advance and in writing by the school principal and attached to this rental contract. This includes placing tape or other materials on classroom, gym, or stage floors.
5. All rental hours will be charged to the full hour. A two hour minimum rental is required.
6. Changes to the initial contract may result in additional charges or loss of use of the facility.
7. Maximum term of a rental will be six (6) months. All rentals are subject to the district being able to secure proper supervision for the event.
8. The Mooresville Graded School District reserves the right to reschedule a rental event should mitigating circumstances arise regarding the district’s need for the facility. If rescheduling becomes necessary, the district will provide the organization renting the facility with advanced notice when possible.
9. The organization renting the facility is responsible for…
- providing adequate liability insurance and completing the Hold Harmless Agreement. The Mooresville Graded School District assumes no liability/responsibility for personal injuries or property damage under this agreement. Liability laws require that we have the organization’s liability insurance information on file.
- securing appropriate personnel to handle traffic and crowd control. This is the sole responsibility of the organization renting the facility and is an additional expense outside the contract. The Mooresville Graded School District may require renting organization to meet basic security personnel requirements deemed necessary by the district.
- submitting completed contract, insurance information, completed Hold Harmless Agreement, and full payment to the district no less than 14 days prior to the event. The renter fully understands that failure to provide these items at least 14 days in advance of the event may result in loss of use of the facility requested. Also, no dates will be confirmed on the district calendar until a rental contract is completed and authorized by the school principal or designee.
- paying the district for any damage to school property done during the rental period or as a result of the rental.
- supervising rental participants and attendees during the rental. This includes making sure that attendees remain in rental areas and that everyone adheres to the rules and regulations of the facility. Failure to abide by facility rules and regulations may result in immediate closure of the facility and forfeiture of fees paid.
- cleaning up the facility completely. This includes sweeping, mopping (as needed), emptying trash cans, taking trash to dumpsters, etc. Supervisor on duty is only responsible for restocking facility and providing cleaning equipment. Failure to properly clean the facility may result in additional charges to the contract and loss of future rental privileges.