We know your child's education is very important to you. It is very important to us, also. Whether deciding on a school for your child or attempting to navigate the enrollment process, we have put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers to help you in your research. Of course, if you do not find the answer you are looking for, please call our Central Office at (704) 658-2530.
- How do I enroll my child in Mooresville Graded School District?
- At what age can a child enroll?
- According to my address, which school should my child attend?
- If I do not live within the district boundary lines, can I pay tuition to send my child to MGSD?
- What is a certified copy of a birth certificate?
We want to help make your move as smooth as possible. When enrolling your child in our school system, you will need to take the following information/documents to the school your child will be attending:
- Proof of Residency - Families must reside in the Mooresville Graded School District for their children to attend our schools. When enrolling your child, please bring two (2) proof of residency documents with you: a utility bill, lease agreement, or home purchase statement.
- Immunization Record - You must bring your child’s current immunization record at time of enrollment.
- Social Security Number - You will need to know your child’s Social Security number in order to enroll him/her.
- Certified Birth Certificate - For all newly enrolling Kindergarten students, you must present a certified birth certificate upon enrollment. For students who have been previously enrolled in school, a copy will suffice.
- Previous School Information - Please bring contact information, including fax number, of the school you are transferring from so that MGSD can request your child’s records.
If you have any questions regarding enrolling your child in Mooresville Graded School District, please do not hesitate to call our district offices at (704) 658-2530. To review Mooresville Graded School District's Domicile or Residence Requirements, please visit the MGSD Central Office and ask to see Policy Code 4120 of the MGSD Board of Education Policy Manual that can be accessed by clicking the blue box on the left side of this page.
Unfortunately, you must reside in in MGSD for your child to attend our schools. There are three potential exceptions to this rule that may be approved by the MGSD Central Office:
- You are an employee of MGSD, pay the appropriate tuition, and provide transportation for your child to and from school.
- You are living outside the district but in the process of building a new home within MGSD. You must present a signed contract and a statement from the builder that construction on the house is underway and will be ready to occupy within six (6) months from the date school begins or date of enrollment if the student enrolls within the school year. A yearly tuition of $1,450.00 per family, prorated monthly for up to, but not exceeding, six (6) months will apply. You also will be responsible for transportation to and from school for your child.
- You live outside the district but have signed a rental/lease or purchase contract for an existing home within MGSD. You must present a written lease or accepted (no contingencies) contract of purchase with the date of closing, confirming that the you will be occupying the premises within three (3) months from the date of enrollment. A yearly tuition of $1,450.00 per family, prorated monthly for up to, but not exceeding, three (3) months will apply. You also will be responsible for transportation to and from school for your child.