The MGSD Technology department is responsible for the day to day operations of maintaining networking status and repairing laptops. The office is located at 574 W. McLelland Ave. Building A. (N.F. Woods Campus)
- Technology Staff
- Laptop Collection
- Laptop Deployment
- Internet Safety
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ms. Dannielle Lord - Director of Technology
Mrs. Kim Cline - Accounts Manager
Mr. Logan Edwards - Technician
Mr. Michael Hiskey - LAN Engineer
Mr. Robert Rhyne - Technician
Mr. Gilson Siegel - Technician
Mr. Adam Starnes - WAN Engineer
Mr. Jaterius Turner - Technician
Mr. Berry Williams - LAN Engineer
MGSD laptops for grades 4-12 are collected near the end of each school year.
- NEW FOR 2019 COLLECTION: MGSD will NOT collect student chargers for grades 3-11. Students will keep their chargers over the summer. We suggest students keep the chargers in their book bags so they do not get lost. Students returning for the 2020-21 school year will need to purchase a new charger/extension if they do not have one. The cost is $56. Students who are withdrawing from MGSD, as well as graduating seniors, will need to return their chargers/book bags.
- All student laptops MUST be returned on the collection date as specified below for each school.
- If laptops are not returned, students will be charged full replacement cost of the laptop. MGSD will proceed with legal action if laptops are not returned.
- Laptops are checked for damage during collection. Students must pay any fines assessed for damage to the laptop before they can receive a laptop in the fall.
- BOOK BAGS & CHARGERS will NOT BE collected. Students will take book bags and chargers home with them over the summer. Students MUST bring the book bag to deployment in the fall in order to receive their laptop. If they do not bring their book bag, they will have the option to purchase a new one for $45.
All students should bring their laptop, charger and book bag to school on this day!
Mooresville High School - Grades 9-12
Students should return laptops after their last exam
between May 13 and May 19.
Mooresville Middle School - Grades 7-8
May 18, 2020
Mooresville Intermediate School - Grades 4-6
May 15, 2020
East Mooresville Intermediate School - Grades 4-6
May 15, 2020
********** IMPORTANT **********
INFORMATION FOR 2019-20
RISING 4TH GRADE - 12TH GRADE
All rising 4th through 12th grade students in MGSD receive a laptop for use during the school year. ALL rising 4th-12th grade students will attend deployment at Mooresville Intermediate School, 1438 Coddle Creek Hwy.
Deployment daTES are as follows:
Monday- july 27, 2020 - 12:00-7:30 PM
tuesday - july 28, 2020 - 4:30-7:30 Pm
wednesday - JUly 29, 2020 - 8:30 Am-7:30 pm
saturday - august 3, 2020 - 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- ALL students must attend with a parent/guardian
- ALL returning students must bring their school-issued book bag to deployment to receive their laptop. (If you do not have your book bag, you will not be able to attend deployment and receive your laptop or you must purchase a new one for $45.00)
- New students to MGSD will receive a new bookbag at no cost
- ANY and ALL outstanding fines must be paid before a laptop will be issued. (A reminder letter about fines will be emailed and/or mailed to students/parents over the summer)
- All students must pay an annual $50 Usage Fee
- ALL students and parents/guardians must attend a short information session
- Powerschool Online Registration must be completed before a laptop can be issued
We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE parents and students to participate in ONLINE TRAINING, complete POWERSCHOOL ONLINE REGISTRATION and pay the USAGE FEE before coming to deployment. This will drastically reduce your wait time. Please visit http://deployment.mgsd.k12.nc.us for information on completing these tasks.
Parents should set and enforce rules for home internet use
- Have computer in a common room (not in the bedroom with door closed!)
- Time limit on internet, instant messaging, social networking sites, online gaming, etc.
- Parents should ask and know student's personal username and password for their computer, email accounts, and any social networking sites
Suggestions concerning e-mail
- Parents should have access to students' email
- Threatening email should never be sent
- Attachments bring danger of viruses
- Spam = Junk mail = Don't reply
- Different clients: AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, Microsoft Instant Messenger, iChat, Facebook Messenger
- Can hide true identity with a screen name (dancergirl1996)
- Sessions can be saved and printed
Social Networking sites
- Various: Facebook, MySpace, MeeBo, BeBo, BlackPlanet, Buzznet, Habbo, imeem, Jaiku, MiGente, MyChurch, Windows Live Space, Xanga, Instagram, and new ones appearing regularly
- Purpose: Online communities of people who share interests and provide a variety of ways to interact
- Parents should monitor their child's activities on social networking sites and ensue that private data is not posted online
- Banner/pop-up ads: clicking on them places a "cookie" on your computer, allowing websites to track your movements (from Walmart to phishing scams!)
- Never give out personal information, even seemingly innocent and unimportant info
- Never make online purchases without parent permission/supervision...make sure website is secure (https:) befoe entering credit card information
- NEVER make plans to meet with someone you interact with on the internet
Is there a cost to parents associated with their child receiving a laptop?
There is a required annual $50 technology usage fee. An STM hard plastic cover and a Brenthaven bookbag will be provided free of charge to each student grades 4-12.
Can any family member use the laptop?
Each student will be assigned an individual username and password. Parents are encouraged to access their child's account and monitor their child's usage and progress.
Will students keep the laptops over summer break?
No, laptops and chargers will be taken up near the end of the school year. Students will keep their bookbags over the summer.
What training is available for parents who are unfamiliar with the laptop?
A mandatory overview training is required at the beginning of each year for parents and students. Parent training is offered throughout the year at the school level. In addition, Apple.com offers many online tutorials. Other resources online have great tutorials as well.
Will parents need to purchase additional items for the laptop?
Not necessarily, but it is recommended that students have the means to back up documents for future use (i.e. A thumb drive).
What if the laptop stops working at home (after school hours)?
MGSD students can contact the Apple help line, or bring the laptop to the school’s help desk during school hours.
What will be the consequences for misuse or inappropriate use of the laptop?
Details are provided in our Responsible Use Policy (RUP) and the MGSD Code of Conduct.
Will students carry fewer textbooks once they have laptops?
Yes. Teachers will increasingly begin to use digital content for instruction and assignments. This will be a transition over time.
What filter(s) are in place to protect student from visiting harmful websites?
MGSD laptops utilize the State of NC’s cloud based filter, zScaler which is updated daily; however, the most important filter is parental supervision. Parents are offered training on internet safety and are shown how to check a student’s history on the laptop.
How much does it cost MGSD for the Digital Conversion?
MGSD uses a variety of funding sources to be able to implement the Digital Conversion. Initial start up costs revolve around network infrastructure, staff development and planning. On going cost are built into the operational budget. MGSD leases student and teacher laptops (a 4 year lease) at an approximate cost of $1M per year. MGSD also purchases a variety of Digital Resources which cost approximately $40 per student per year.
How much Bandwidth does MGSD have?
MGSD has 10GB Fiber connections to each school from the Technology Department and a 2GB pipe to the Internet. On an average day with 5000+ machines online, bandwidth capacity is 1GB.
Need Technology Help?
Call the Tech Help Line @ 704-658-2526
Students & Staff - submit a support ticket here.
Mooresville High School
Help Desk Manager
Mooresville Middle School
Help Desk Manager
Mooresville Intermediate School
Help Desk Manager
East Mooresville Intermediate School
Help Desk Manager