The MGSD Technology department is responsible for the day to day operations of maintaining networking status and repairing laptops. The office is located at 574 W. McLelland Ave. Building A. (N.F. Woods Campus)
Ms. Dannielle Lord - Director of Technology
Ms. Emma Boyce - Technician
Mrs. Kim Cline - Accounts Manager
Mr. Logan Edwards - Lead Technician
Mr. Michael Hiskey - System Administrator
Mr. Gilson Siegel - Technician
Mr. Adam Starnes - WAN Engineer
Ms. Jennifer Starnes - Technician
Mr. Berry Williams - System Administrator
MGSD will not be collecting devices at the end of the 2020-21 school year. Students should keep their device, charger and book bag (if applicable) in a safe place. If students are not returning to MGSD for the 2021-22 school year, you may drop the device and accessories off at the school or bring them to NF Woods Technology Center at 574 W. McLelland Ave. Pull in the circle drive and call 704-658-2526 and let us know you are there to drop off a device for a non-returning student.
Parents should set and enforce rules for home internet use
- Have computer in a common room (not in the bedroom with door closed!)
- Time limit on internet, instant messaging, social networking sites, online gaming, etc.
- Parents should ask and know student's personal username and password for their computer, email accounts, and any social networking sites
Suggestions concerning e-mail
- Parents should have access to students' email
- Threatening email should never be sent
- Attachments bring danger of viruses
- Spam = Junk mail = Don't reply
- Different clients: AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, Microsoft Instant Messenger, iChat, Facebook Messenger
- Can hide true identity with a screen name (dancergirl1996)
- Sessions can be saved and printed
Social Networking sites
- Various: Facebook, MySpace, MeeBo, BeBo, BlackPlanet, Buzznet, Habbo, imeem, Jaiku, MiGente, MyChurch, Windows Live Space, Xanga, Instagram, and new ones appearing regularly
- Purpose: Online communities of people who share interests and provide a variety of ways to interact
- Parents should monitor their child's activities on social networking sites and ensue that private data is not posted online
- Banner/pop-up ads: clicking on them places a "cookie" on your computer, allowing websites to track your movements (from Walmart to phishing scams!)
- Never give out personal information, even seemingly innocent and unimportant info
- Never make online purchases without parent permission/supervision...make sure website is secure (https:) befoe entering credit card information
- NEVER make plans to meet with someone you interact with on the internet
Is there a cost to parents associated with their child receiving a laptop?
There is a required annual $50 technology usage fee. A laptop cover and a Brenthaven bookbag will be provided free of charge to each student grades 4-12. (THIS FEE IS WAIVED FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR)
Can any family member use the laptop?
Each student will be assigned an individual username and password. Parents are encouraged to access their child's account and monitor their child's usage and progress.
Will students keep the laptops over summer break?
Yes, students will keep their laptops year round. Students who are withdrawing from MGSD are asked to return their equipment as quickly as possible.
What training is available for parents who are unfamiliar with the laptop?
A mandatory overview training is required at the beginning of each year for parents and students. Parent training is offered throughout the year at the school level. In addition, Apple.com offers many online tutorials. Other resources online have great tutorials as well.
Will parents need to purchase additional items for the laptop?
Not necessarily, but it is recommended that students have the means to back up documents for future use (i.e. A thumb drive).
What if the laptop stops working at home (after school hours)?
MGSD students can contact the Apple help line, or bring the laptop to the school’s help desk during school hours.
What will be the consequences for misuse or inappropriate use of the laptop?
Details are provided in our Responsible Use Policy (RUP) and the MGSD Code of Conduct.
Will students carry fewer textbooks once they have laptops?
Yes. Teachers will increasingly begin to use digital content for instruction and assignments. This will be a transition over time.
What filter(s) are in place to protect student from visiting harmful websites?
MGSD laptops utilize the State of NC’s cloud based filter, zScaler which is updated daily; however, the most important filter is parental supervision. Parents are offered training on internet safety and are shown how to check a student’s history on the laptop.
How much does it cost MGSD for the Digital Conversion?
MGSD uses a variety of funding sources to be able to implement the Digital Conversion. Initial start up costs revolve around network infrastructure, staff development and planning. On going cost are built into the operational budget. MGSD leases student and teacher laptops (a 4 year lease) at an approximate cost of $1M per year. MGSD also purchases a variety of Digital Resources which cost approximately $40 per student per year.
How much Bandwidth does MGSD have?
MGSD has 10GB Fiber connections to each school from the Technology Department and a 2GB pipe to the Internet. On an average day with 5000+ machines online, bandwidth capacity is 1GB.
MOA or Vmms students
Need Technology Help?
Call the Tech Help Line @ 704-658-2526
MONDAY-FRIDAY 9 AM - 1 PM
Students on campus will complete a support ticket and/or contact their Help Desk.
Students & Staff - submit a support ticket here.
Mooresville High School
Help Desk Manager
Mooresville Middle School
Help Desk Manager
Mooresville Intermediate School
Help Desk Manager
East Mooresville Intermediate School
Help Desk Manager