Academics within the Mooresville Graded School District are at the core of student performance and exist to establish MGSD students as globally innovative leaders by fostering a culture that cultivates critical thinking, communication, collaboration, creativity, rigor, relevance and social relationships. District level administrators facilitate the overall plans for and implementation of MGSD's academic curriculum and instruction; site administrators lead the implementation of curriculum and instruction and are key stakeholders in all decision-making regarding it. All district schools’ curriculum is aligned to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, and enhanced via a digital format and digital resources.
Academics within MGSD are based on the core values articulated within the district strategic plan:
- Authentic Relationships - We believe in an environment that is welcoming to all, creating a sense of community. We believe in an inclusive environment where all voices are valued and all people know they belong.
- Empowerment - We believe students, families, and staff should have a voice in the growth and development of the school system. We believe in fostering a culture of innovation in an effort to continuously improve.
- Equity - We believe there is inherent worth in all people. We believe in ensuring all staff, students, and families have the opportunity and access necessary for a successful outcome.
- Integrity - We believe in honesty and transparency in our work as a district. We believe a culture of trust between staff, students, families, and the community is the backbone of a successful school system.
- Safety - We believe in creating an environment where everyone feels safe and supported. We believe safety includes physical safety, as well as mental health and well-being.
For more details about our district and its academic standing, please look at our North Carolina Report Card.