2020 Iredell County School Bond Referendum
On December 3, 2019, the Iredell County Commissioners voted unanimously to place two bond referendums on the March 3, 2020, primary ballot: 1) Iredell County School Bonds (K-12) and 2) Iredell County Community College Bonds. These school bond referendums are the result of a two and one-half year study by the Iredell County Facilities Task Force and includes funds for a new middle school for Mooresville Graded School System, as well as a new high school for Iredell-Statesville Schools and an Emergency Services Training Facility for Mitchell Community College. Please find resources for your review below and do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions! We appreciate your support!
- What are these bonds and how will the money be used?
- What will these bonds cost me?
- Isn't lottery money for school construction? What did you do with all of that money?
- Why don't the builders/developers have to help pay for schools?
- What will the K-12 bond do for MGSD, specifically?
- Where will the new middle school be located?
- Will the new middle school have the same offerings as Mooresville Middle School?
- Why are good schools important to our community?
- I don't have kids in school, so how do strong schools affect me?
- Where can I find more information?
- When does voting occur in Iredell County?