The School Nutrition Department accepts applications for substitute workers on an ongoing basis. If you love food and cooking, working with children, a fast-paced environment, and great hours, the School Nutrition Department may be the place for you!
Please apply online at https://mgsd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx and select Food Service Assistant or Child Nutrition Substitute.
Cafeteria Substitute Job Description:
The goal of the Cafeteria Substitute Employee is to perform cafeteria duties in the absence of a regular cafeteria employee so that the serving of meals will run smoothly and efficiently. Duties include assisting in preparing food, serving food, washing dishes, and cleaning the kitchen. A Cafeteria substitute must be available to work on short notice and may be asked to work at a variety of schools.
- No experience necessary -- on the job training.
- Fun, fast-paced environment.
- Working as a cafeteria substitute allows you to work in various school cafeterias, gain experience with preparing and serving food, learning and following the National School Lunch Program. You will also work with other staff team members and spend time with the children.
- Opportunities for advancement include positions as Kitchen Assistant (3-6 hours per day), Manager Trainee, as well as Management. You have opportunity to apply for permanent positions as they become available.
- We have a Manager Training Program in place to give you the necessary tools to help you achieve your goal.
Kim McCall, MS, RD, LDN
School Nutrition Director
Mooresville Graded School District
574 W. McLelland Ave.
Mooresville, NC 28115