A checklist to guide parents in preparing their child for schools.
Parents & Students
Mooresville Graded School District understands that success is achieved through collaboration with our parents and students. We believe that by giving you necessary information and effective tools, it allows us all to be more successful. We also know your valuable input is a critical part of our efforts to focus on every child, every day!
Please take a moment to learn about many of the academic resources the district provides for your child in Class Link, the launchpad your child uses for all of their digital resources. If you are interested in inclement weather information, there is a place for that, also. Are you a social media fan? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. We have worked to put the information most parents and students find useful throughout this page. Look around...explore...and let us know if you don't find what you need!
- Blackboard Connect 5 Notification System
- If You See Something, Say Something
- Inclement Weather Information
- Kindergarten Readiness
- MGSD School Year Calendars
- Optional Student Insurance Information
- Parent and Public Notifications
- Enrollment Information
See the embedded directions below for using the Connect 5 Parent Portal. To download or print the directions, click the pop-out icon in the upper right corner. Thank you!
Parent tips for raising strong readers and writers.
Tips for fun ways you can help your child become a happy and confident reader.
¡Ayudando a los niños a leer…y a triunfar!
MGSD Board Policy regarding the prohibition against discrimination, harassment, and bullying.
MGSD Board Policy on discrimination, harassment and bullying complaint procedure.
Welcome to MGSD!
We want to help make your move as smooth as possible. When enrolling your child in our school system, you will need the following information and documents:
- Proof of Residency: Families must reside in the Mooresville Graded School District for their children to attend our schools. When enrolling your child, please bring two (2) proof of residency documents with you such as a utility bill, lease agreement, or home purchase statement.
- Immunization Record: You must bring your child’s current immunization record at time of enrollment.
- Social Security Number: You will need to know your child’s Social Security number in order to enroll him/her.
- Certified Birth Certificate: For all newly enrolling Kindergarten students, you must present a certified birth certificate upon enrollment. For students who have been previously enrolled in school, a copy will suffice. A student must be five years of age on or before August 31 of the year they begin Kindergarten.
- Previous School Information: Please bring contact information, including fax number, of the school you are transferring from so that MGSD can request your child’s records.
If you have any questions regarding enrolling your child in Mooresville Graded School District, please do not hesitate to call our district offices at (704) 658-2530. To review Mooresville Graded School District's Domicile or Residence Requirements, please visit the MGSD Central Office and ask to see Policy Code 4120 of the MGSD Board of Education Policy Manual.